Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Aging German Shepherds



As a breeder for more then 20 years, I have seen many Deblyns German Shepherds age. I try to breed for longevity in my lines.

Living with us now is Pheobe who is 12 and Haley who is 10. Both are still going strong, however I do see the age creeping in on both my girls. How much longer do they have? I don't know, but I value every day they are here.

I have had calls from past clients that their dogs are still with them. I think the oldest now is Sage and she is 14 1/2 years old and going strong.

I credit this to breeding to CH Mericks Firestrom who I bred Katie to, 22 years ago. Almost all of his kids with Katie lived to 12 or 13 years. His strength from his blood lines have traveled down for generations.

Deblyns German Shepherds is very proud of what we produce. We breed for health, temperament, and beauty. You can't have one without the other.

This breed is the most regal of all breeds so when the time comes. Please do one last act of kindness for your beloved German Shepherd. Let them know how much you love them and let them go with dignity and forever keep them in your heart.

Deblyns German Shepherds

No comments: